Sunday, August 25, 2013

Man meets menu: My second time as a @Brewhouse food taster


Pictured: An item on the #NewFallMenu list that I can't wait to sample includes the BBQ pulled pork sandwich.

It's no secret that I've admired Hoosier restaurateur Scott Wise's marketing skills as much as his menu ... as he steadily increased his footing in Central Indiana with a crowd-popular line of craft beer and inventive appetizers and entrees. I chronicled his successes and the pub-eatery movement as a business reporter for the Indianapolis Star.

Later, after I left journalism, we worked together on the #social46 team that promoted Indianapolis during Super Bowl 46. Scott later convened members of #social46 for a menu new lineup "taste preview" in fall 2012.

That experience produced this recap: #BrewhouseFoodie makeover menu in Indy via Storify.

I've been asked to be an ambassador for other Indianapolis restaurants and enjoyed the experimentation with using social to promote business, particularly when it supports friends' causes or operations. It helps me gain more seasoning in my own relatively fresh public relations career.

With that said, I am delighted to be returning to Brewhouse as part of the New Menu Preview Night from 7 to 9 p.m. this Monday, Aug. 26. I'll be helping to promote the Scotty’s brand, which is easy to do when your family loves the food and has a VIP card and growler in the fridge.

Full disclosure: The food is free. Each guest receives a take-home goodie bag filled with some of the signature bottled sauces and more.

What's in it for you? I am offering a $10 Scotty’s gift card to give away that can be used to try the new menu on the next day, Aug. 27. The tweep who favorites the most of my #NewFallMenu Brewhouse tweets to my @spaldobusiness account on Twitter during the 7-to-9 p.m. hour will win the gift card and some other small prizes I am including.

Pictured: Another item on the #NewFallMenu list: corn dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment